Friday, April 3, 2009

Fx4: DC on Parade

The most beautiful time of year in the most beautiful city in the world. The Cherry Blossoms peaked Wednesday. Mrs. Scribe, of course, made her annual pilgrimage after school, abandoning her post for the more tranquil setting of the Tidal Basin.

Clockwise, from above left: Tour buses, galore, compete with the approximately 3,750 trees that line this storied venue; the delicate blossoms, up close & personal; hoards of tourists don't even spoil the view; the Jefferson Memorial peeks thru the branches; a rescue helicopter hovers over a couple of paddle boaters...false alarm, thank goodness; the obligatory Don's John offers some of the comforts of home; the view across the Tidal Basin & the Potomac to Virginia; the ramrod-straight Washington Monument competes with twisting tree trunks; a branch bursting with blossoms; Mr. Jefferson's Memorial from a different view.

And don't forget the Center Snaps: Watch out for those low-slung branches; Bob Ryan, the local weather-dude, talks to tourists from Seattle before executing his evening news standup.


I know I've said it before, but now it's official: Happy Spring, y'all! This festive display is brought to you by Candid Carrie & her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta

11 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous!!

Call Me Cate said...

I've tried many times and somehow never caught DC in bloom. Yuur photos make me that much sadder. So beautiful!

BoufMom9 said...

How gorgeous!
My trees are just finally starting to bloom here in NJ..LOVE it!

Happy Friday and happy Spring!

Lynda said...

I love the Cherry Blossom Festival... we used to go when my mom lived in DC...gorgeous!

Teri said...

Right back atcha! Beautiful!

Marrdy said...

Beautiful! I do have to do this sometime in my life!

~~tonya~~ said...

Looks beautiful. I hope to visit during this time one year.

Columbia Lily said...

that is on my list of things to see someday...the cherry blossoms in DC. Wish it felt like spring here...although it was actually SUNNY today. If I sat with my back to the window and held my hot soup in my hands, it almost felt like it was actually warm.....sigh.

PS....IT'S FINALLY SPRING BREAK!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Beautiful! I would love to see the cherry blossoms in DC one day. It's on my list.

Shawn said...

Love the blossoms! so amazing!

I'm here from SITS---great site!

Tara R. said...

I have always wanted to visit DC during cherry blossom time. Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin