Saturday, April 18, 2009

6-Word Saturday: Hardy Souls

Welcome to 6-Word Saturday! It's brought to you by Cate at Show My Face.

Today's 6 words involve the

Hardiest Souls in Spring's Festive Palette

I am, of course, talking about the Forsythia. I've always adored these beautiful bushes, which have been blooming in my backyard for more than 5 weeks. And we've had some super-crazy weather & temp fluctuations since March roared in like the proverbial lion.

Today's 6 words are in green, representing Spring, instead of Forsythia Yellow, because yellow doesn't really work well in this space.

These particular bushes face north, and are in a depression along the back fence that collects water from time to time. My Forsythia don't complain, though, and make companionable conversation with last fall's stray leaves & the moss that grows between them and the lawn, such as it is.

I adore 6-Word Saturday, don't you? It's such a lovely prelude to my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes, don't you think? Don't forget to tune in maƱana!


LadyStyx said...

Beautiful shot!

Veggie Mom said...

Moss: A green Spring carpet, correct? OK, it's my first Six Word Saturday, so please be patient! <3

soulbrush said...

love the blossoms all around me.

Lynda said...

Forsythia yellow, the sign of spring

TMC said...

Who says yellow and green don't match? Nature knows best! :)

Call Me Cate said...

Very pretty. Yay green in honor of Spring! Thanks for playing along!

Rocksee said...

Very pretty spring post


Blog Widget by LinkWithin