Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's the Word Wednesday: Freshman

In the heirarchy of Our Humble High School, freshmen are bottom-feeders.

Seniors call them "fresh meat," and threaten to stuff them in cafeteria trashcans at lunch.

Teachers try to help them make the adjustment from middle school to The Show, but secretly spend the year hoping that the 14-year-olds will at least remember to put on deoderant after PE.

Even The Boob Tube disrespects the Lowly Freshman. The funniest part of this commercial is not the deliveryman who sends Callahan to detention; it's the Little Froshie, shut up in a locker. Even the way he thanks the gal who releases him is pathetic.

Poor kids...don't they realize they're Peeing with the Big Dogs now?

8 comments:

Constructive Attitude said...

hahahah. i liked this :D

Veggie Mom said...

"Fresh Meat"? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I don't really remember my early high school days. Probably a good thing, huh?

HappyChyck said...

Freshmen could help their own causes if they remembered to pack their brains each day. I see very little difference between 8th graders and 9th graders in maturity. I think 9th are fearful of high school, and they temporarily get dumber.

Mister Teacher said...

I remember "Hell Week" when I was a freshman. Of course, I was a 6'2" freshman, so the seniors didn't mess with me.

Hey, just a reminder that today is the last day to get in on March Mathness! Fill out a bracket at http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=7805&entryID=105947 for the chance to win bragging rights AND a nice 14 disc DVD set from The History Channel!!

Columbia Lily said...

those commercials totally make me laugh, I love them.

Susie said...

I love that commerical!! We all have to cross the frosh on our way to adulthood. It's a really sucky right of passage.

Marrdy said...

My baby is going to be a freshman. This makes me sad....I want him to be 3 years old and love me to death.

LadyStyx said...

One of my fav commercials these days.

I was never pestered as a freshman. I knew where I was going and didnt need to ask anyone anything. I generally had the air of..."Im busy, get outta my way"....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin