Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Breakdown

As y'all already know, Ella Numera Una is a Big, Bad, College Senior. She's never done anything remotely resembling Wild & Crazy during 4 years away from home...that her folks know about, anyway...so she & 3 friends decided to go for a spin to Panama City Beach, FLA, to check out the Sun, the Sand, & the Surf, along with a few other indulgences that 20-something kidz get involved in during their Spring Breakdown.

Ella's college is on the "quarter" system, so Spring Break is even more significant. Clean slate, new classes, last term of senior year coming up when they return from their adventure Down South.

The Girlz estimated 20+ hours going south in the 2001 gold Honda Civic, which Ella's Mama affectionately refers to as the "Midget-Mobile." Here's the first snap & first e-mail from the trip. The driver, one of Ella's traveling companions, looks psyched for the adventure, doesn't she?

Finals are finally done!

We started our journey today at 3-ish, leaving from a chilly 35-degree campus. We came up with 19 different hours of theme music playlists to get us through the drive. We just finished listening to Pop Princess Hour. M and I are looking forward to stopping at a Ma and Pa restaurant in Kentucky or Tennessee for breakfast. I'll let you know if anything gets more exciting.

We'll send updates from the FLA Breakdown Scene, if they are warranted, or even mildly entertaining.

So, if you see 4 cute College Girlz cruising around the Panama City Beach area in a Gold Midget-Mobile with VA tags, please give them a holler from La Familia Scribe. It's hard to let them go & grow up, ain't it? I have to admit, though...I'm a tad jealous!

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Stopping by from SITS to say have a great week. Hope your girl has a blast on Spring Break. Maybe the "change on a dime" weather will stabilize for them. And they'll come home nice and toasty brown.

Tiffany said...

I bet they're going to have a blast!

Bethany said...

How awesome! That same thing was actually in my spring break plans but got called off when my roommate took off-- blah! Either way, I'm on spring break this week too and I hope she has a fantastic time!!

Tara R. said...

I hope Ella Numera Una has a great time while on the Gulf Coast. PCB is a great Spring break destination. Too bad the kids get to vay-cay and the Madres have to stay home. Maybe it should be the other way around.

Eudae-Mamia said...

My parents live just west of there - the weather is surprisingly still a little chilly, but I don't think the girls will mind.

Whhhhaaaa - I want to come along!!!

Lynda said...

She'll have a blast!

Ashley said...

So much fun. I did Spring Break in PCB one year. I had a lot of fun. I won't go into any more details with the mother of a current Spring Breaker. Haha! I'm sure she'll be fine.....

:)

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Ah, to be young again. She's doing much better than most I knew when I was her age, graduating on time and all.

LadyStyx said...

The driver looks like she's ready for a good time!

MammaDawg said...

I know what you mean - my husband's niece is the same way and I find myself wishing I could do some of the same things! Or wishing I had done them when I was that age - lol!

Gotta love their spirit, though - and the way they embrace life. :)

Marrdy said...

Maybe they can stash me in the trunk so I can have a little Spring Break too! I could even babysit her for you. (wouldn't she love that!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin