Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Top 10 Reasons We Miss Dubya

As much as Mrs. Scribe attempts to remain non-partisan, or at least bipartisan & scholarly & all, there's a tiny little fragment of her being that just plain misses Dubya.

Nothing tickles our funny bone so far in the Obama administration. Well, there's the stimulus package; we suppose late-nite will start attacking that fairly soon, for the name, if nothing else. And all those Cabinet appointees who failed to pay their fair share of taxes. But the 44th President doesn't lend himself to ridicule the way some of our previous Leaders of the Free World have.

Whatever would we do without David Letterman? The question is rhetorical, but feel free to answer it, anyway.

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh, there is PLENTY in this current administration that lends itself to criticism... but none of it is very funny. Plus, the networks invested so much of their own money in Obama's campaign that they don't want to critique their own pick. That would be like stepping on their own toes.

NYC Educator said...

Unfortunately, there's a whole lot about GW that's still not funny at all. And amusing though they may be, Obama's gaffes are not remotely comparable to the endless war or the collapse of the economy.

Susie said...

George was hilarious! With all the crap that went on, it is good to find something funny:-) We will see how much laughter we need in this administration:-)

Tiffany said...

I'm going to have to come back and watch that clip when I'm not sitting in the ballet studio. I don't want to attract attention!

Veggie Mom said...

I'm showing my age here, but this sort of reminds me of the way Chevy Chase used to rake President Ford over the coals on SNL's Weekend Update. I have to say I just spit coffee all over myself, though.

Teri said...

I love me some Dave.

Marrdy said...

I have real live tears rolling down my face. Too funny! And Veggie Mom is right, this is classic Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford.

Z's Mom said...

I don't miss GW at ALL!!!! Not at all! I don't miss him or his daddy and I don't want Jeb anywhere near the oval office.

David Letterman on the other hand...LOVE him!!!! He's my kind of people! :)

Thanks for posting the laughs.....I needed them this week! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin