Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sx3: Why Did the Armadillo Cross the Road?

To get flattened by a Red 1973 Ford Pickup Truck.

Welcome to our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes! You veterans know just what to do. But for the rest of you, There's Still Hope!

Take a look at this Superior Snap, shot by Tara R.'s son, WK, using his Mama's Blackberry. Apparently these 'dillos are lounging on the side of a utility truck down in Sunny FLA.

After you've taken a good gander at said snap, conjur a caption. Scribble that creative caption in the comments section of this post, and There You Have It.

Hope everyone's enjoying the same bee-OO-tee-ful weather that we have. Low-60s and sun yesterday, high-60s and sun today. Who can argue with that kind of forecast?

Of course, there's nothing to be won here, but don't give up! As always, Mrs. Scribe wishes you a Merry End-o-Weekend, and hopes we all get a few giggles out of this pointless exercise.

10 comments:

Veggie Mom said...

Hey, Art (the Armadillo), I'm feeling a little run-down today!

Bilbo said...

Ha, ha! Second time in just three months that the right got crushed!

Teri said...

Hey, you're supposed to walk on the OPPOSITE side of traffic, not INTO traffic.

Z's Mom said...

Angie, being quite a stupid armadillo, thought Art was "playing dead" very well.

I have to say though....I love Bilbo's comment!!!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I'm confused today. Maybe it is the insomnia. But the link to Tara's had beautiful pictures (I especially liked the staircase and the sunset). No armadillos.

But the cartoon pic you had was fun.

koe whitton-williams said...

Melissa - hi again and thanks for the invite to sx3. you know. . . I had a very corny uncle who used to say, when something was very expensive, that it cost an "arm and a leg. . ." and when something was very, very expensive that it cost an "armadillo and a legadillo." Ironically enough he, my uncle, that is, was also flattened by a Red 1973 Ford Pickup Truck. . . and he smoked cigraillos.

Please make me stop.

Tracy P. said...

Even under intense pressure from his friend, this was one line the armadillo flatly refused to cross.

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

Wanda's a "nervous laugher." Merv always hated that about her.

This is fun! Thanks.

Hippie Family... said...

ok, I can't even reply to anything else because I swear I read DILDO's. not Dillo's and I can't stop laughing!

Marrdy said...

Can't believe I missed this! Sorry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin