Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sx3: February Christmas Kitty

Meet Pepper. She's been featured on The Scholastic Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes before. In fact, you may cruise down Memory Lane by clicking, first Here & then Here.

Pepper absolutely adores Christmas. She loves this festive holiday so much that she celebrates all year long. Specifically, she bows to bows. More specifically, Pepper collects the ready-made present-toppers, with the sticky stuff on the back. She carries them around in her mouth. She bats them across the floor. She sleeps with them curled up on the comfy family room rug.

Mrs. Scribe picks up these cleverly crafty bits of Christmas when she sees them, and puts them away. The kitty comes trotting by a little later, bow in hand (mouth?). Mrs. Scribe admonishes the little devil & puts the renegade ribbon away. Pepper comes scooting by a couple hours later, batting another symbol of the season. We're well into February here, folks, & still cleaning up from the end-of-2008 largesse!

You know what to do, Scribe Fans. Take a gander at this Superior Selection of Snaps. Conjure a cute caption. Then,m quick-like, tippy-type said caption in the comments space of this post. That's it. But of course, you receive nothing...zip, nada, zilch...for all your creative efforts. Just the knowledge that you've given Mrs. Scribe a real reason to let a good guffaw rip. Isn't that enough?

18 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Pepper enjoys celebrating the magic of Christmas all year long!

I wish mom would quit taking my toys away.

mannequin said...

I got this holiday thing all tied up. At least I thought I did.

Tara R. said...

"Don't waste the bow, we can use it again.'

I would hear this from both my grandmother and mother at any gift giving opportunity. I think my mom still has bows from when I was a kid.

Veggie Mom said...

I bow to Christmas bows!

Tiffany said...

I kind of miss having cats run around the house playing with such things.

I left an award for you on Poetry and Hums!

Z's Mom said...

That is so cute....

Maybe she is trying to tell you that she wants you to make her a collar with a bow on it....and you've been putting away all of her bling for years....

Candid Carrie said...

"Hey," cried Pepper, "I heard the Stuckmann cats have real toys."

Mrs4444 said...

"Stealthily, the mouse donned a Christmas bow hat in the hopes of going unnoticed." How's That?!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Carrie cracked me up in the comment thread.

"hmmm...since no one is looking I think I'll go for it."

Edna Lee said...

Pepper tried utilizing her mental telepathy skills chanting, "Giiiive me giiifts, giiive me giiiifts" but no one seemed to be getting the hint, so she tried a more obvious approach.

Blog Stalker said...

"Gifts if you would, please!"

"Really you peasants, what does it take to get a little christmass love around here"

"The bow works for me, thanks"

Susie said...

"Introducing new catnip laced bows...for the festive cat in your life":-)

OKP said...

"I'll never give you up, Purple Bow. Never ever ever! I will die before I -- hey, is that bow red?"

...

"I'll never give you up, Red Bow. Never ever ever! I will die before I do!"

Columbia Lily said...

Only I know where the red ribbon grows.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

If I wait long enough, will it wiggle?

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Former President Bush regrets not having put Pepper in charge of the search for weapons of mass destruction.

HappyChyck said...

A girl can never have too many pretty things!

Marrdy said...

I feel so bad I missed this. Pepper is such a cute kitty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin