Wednesday, February 11, 2009

100 Words Me

Please visit Tara H. at The Cupcake Cafe. She celebrated her 100th Post in a unique fashion.

"So, I have noticed that a lot of people do lists for their 100th post," Tara writes in the post commemorating her 100th. "I considered that, but then I thought it may be more fun to try a 100 word autobiography. With the help of my old school Microsoft Works word counter, I will attempt to tell you my entire life story in 100 words."
And then, she proceeded to entertain, inform, amaze & shock. In 100 words. Seriously.

Mrs. Scribe doesn't have such a dramatic story to tell, but plans to tell it, nonetheless. In 100 words. Seriously.

Drop by to visit Tara H. She's having ambivalent feelings about blogging. We think she should stay in business. Please go on over there and share your thoughts. And Mrs. Scribe recommends that you try this exercise yourself. If you do, please share the link with us. Downright humbling, it is!

Mrs. Scribe in 100 Words
(artwork provided by gelstuff.com.)

Parents stretched a penny 5 different ways to Sunday. Low-end house, high-end district. Très bien escuelas. Pushed reading, writing. Math, science, no flow, Joe. Suburban NYC, North Dallas, Columbia, Mo., East Dallas, Fort Worth, DC, NOVA. Hubby Big-Time Bucky Badger Fan. Ella Numera Una, Ella Numera Dos. Newspapers, politics, industry, SAHM, high school journalism teacher. 6 continents, 5 years. Met Erma Bombeck Northern Chilean Desert, Stephen Stills Dem Convention. Swim, walk, read, garden. Cat Woman. Kids in college, finances thin. Finally learned to stretch a penny 5 different ways to Sunday. In love with slightly sour smell of secondary education.
Editor's Note: Mrs. Scribe in 100 words is part of Your Humble Scribe's February contribution to The Random Complexity Writing Challenge: 100 words (duh!)

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi from SITS!

I moved! Come see me at www.aduckinherpond.com.

Lynda said...

What a great job! And now I know so much more about you :-)

Tara said...

Wow, thank you so much for doing this! It is an honor indeed, being featured in your blog, my cyber friend.

I am humbled that you think enough of me to include me in your blogworld --

The 100 word autobiography is hard isn't it!!

Thanks for participating!!

Ashley said...

Haha! Very creative!!

Marrdy said...

Very good once again. I may have to try this.

Susie said...

I love your 100 words:-)

HappyChyck said...

That is too cool! I was nearly inspired to try it myself. It would kill this verbose chyck for sure! But you know what? I'm totally stealing this idea for a creative writing assignment...I'm thinking it might have some Slam qualities. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tiffany said...

Good stuff! I like how you "wrapped it" with stretching that penny!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin