Sunday, January 11, 2009

SX3: Dangling Modifier

Welcome to today's edition of Sx3: The Scholastic Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. We have a Trifecta for ya today, although these Sweet Snaps have not a thing to do with the Win, Place & Show of horse racing. Although the case could be made that "show" is very much a part of this trio of photographs.

Mrs. Scribe just knew she had to feature this incident in today's Sx3 the moment she heard about it. Seems a skier was riding a lift at Vail last week. Seems the lift malfunctioned in some fashion. Seems the poor guy-who was with his son on the lift-slipped and fell. Seems his ski, or his boot, or some other appendage, caught on the lift, saving him from a dangerous fall. Seems his pants got caught, too, leaving him dangling in "the altogether," nekkid as the proverbial jaybird. For about 15 minutes. With his son in the chair next to him. With his pants around his ankles.

You know what to do, Sports Fans! Take a gander at this Series of Superior Snaps. Conjure a caption for one, for two, for all of the snaps, and quick! Tippy-type your Cunning Caption in the Comments Section of This Here Post. The More the Merrier, as they say in the trenches. Of course, you win absolutely nothing tangible for all your hard work; but if you give Mrs. Scribe a Great Big Ol' Belly Laugh, that's something!

22 comments:

Bilbo said...

"Hot cross buns, hell! These buns aren't hot, but they sure are cross!"

Susie said...

"Let it all hang out".

Clix said...

"I meant to do that."

Veggie Mom said...

Is he on "crack," or what?

Tara R. said...

'Gives 'ice' fishing a (w)hole new meaning.'

Edna Lee said...

Does anyone else feel a draft?

LadyStyx said...

Im gonna go with the obvious and reach into my love of music...

*clears throat and starts to sing*

Blue Moooon!

*****************************

A mother, with her two little ones on the slope below "and that's why we just say NO to crack...."

HappyChyck said...

Gives a new image when saying, "I'm freezing my @$$ off!"

Eudea-Mamia said...

"What's that warning about your tongue freezing upon metal. Ouch."

Teri said...

"Butt, butt, butt..."

Marrdy said...

"Tonight in Vail we are seeing a full moon that will be remembered for generations."

Z's Mom said...

Oh man...I heard about this last week....the guy running the lift forgot to do something....

Anywho....

"Just hanging out on the slopes...."

Betty said...

My sister just told me today that she heard where people who have a little bottom fat are healthier. As my mother would say, "Look at that hind end."

Tracy P. said...

"Taking the streak to a whole new level!"

Columbia Lily said...

ha ha, I laughed out loud when I saw this on the news this week and that's no easy feat at 5:30 in the morning. I have no caption for this, I am really bad at captioning things.... but it made me laugh...and not want to go skiing.

Dawn said...

Moonshine!

Blog Stalker said...

'Let's give em something to remember us by son. Woops!
This is not quite what I had in mind. Do your daddy a favor son and not tell your mother about this one, okay? Now scream at the top of you lungs and get someones attention!"

Ritch in Love said...

"Mom always said to wear clean underwear. Now I know why."

Nancy Flanagan said...

OK, lots of the good references have been taken, but who remembers...

"Shrinkage! I've got shrinkage!"

MammaDawg said...

LMAO!!

"Frostbite. Not cool."

OMG - poor guy!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I know I'm a day late but I HAD to add this...


The Moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow, gave a luster of midday to ojects below.

Mister Teacher said...

Coming to the 2010 X-Games -- Inverted Naked Ski Dangling!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin