Monday, January 19, 2009

Grandmama Obama is in the Howse!

OK, that's Not Quite Correct. Her name, actually, is Marian Robinson, & she's Michelle Obama's Mama. Word has it that the First Granny will be moving into the White House with the Obamas this month. How cool is that?

The arrangements, actually, make a lot of sense. Mrs. Robinson is the Obama Caregiver of First Resort anyway. She was the one who looked after Sasha & Malia while Daddy was on the Campaign Trail with Mama Obama. Oh, we're going to have too much fun with that surname, ain't we?

The Obama Transition Team, for the record, reports that Michelle's Mama is moving in temporarily to help the Obamas get settled. The First Granny has yet to decide if she wishes to leave her South Side Chicago bungalow for that Upscale Crib at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

9 comments:

Veggie Mom said...

I've always loved living close to my nearest and dearest. Having The First Granny so close, I imagine, will also give the Obama girls yet another rock to lean on...

Lynda said...

Oh, I'd be in the White House asap!

Deanna said...

If Obama can live with his MIL... then he already has a head start on dealing with the House!

Clix said...

That is mad cool. My mom just visited us for a few days - she & dad are talking about moving this way. I know we're incredibly lucky to have close relationships with our parents.

Nancy Flanagan said...

It is cool. Having Marian Robinson move in is *real* family values. And it's not like she has to share a bathroom with the Obamas--there's plenty of space in the White House for a young and vibrant granny.

My grandma lived with us when I was growing up. My relationship with my grandma was an amazing gift.

maggie's mind said...

That is just awesome on so many levels. Very cool.

Marrdy said...

Now I think everyone would need their Mama living with them if they were married to the President. I can't imagine the schedule you have to have. Been watching your area on the news. Really glad I live in Utah this week!!

Hippie Family... said...

shouldn't she be the GrandBama?

Susie said...

I think it's great. Michelle knows when to ask for help and it's great that she has a capable mom who can.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin