Friday, January 9, 2009

Fx4: Daddy was a G-Man

Well, here you have Lil Sis & Mrs. Scribe, posing with None Other Than J. Edgar Hoover his own self! Actually, a wax replica of this crafty, criminally inclined, long-time FBI Director, outside the Newseum in DC. If you haven't been down to this Pantheon to the Press, you really should make the time.

Both of the Scribe Sisters have been Professional Scribblers. In fact, Lil Sis still is, so we had a Grand Old Time over the holiday break. And this Silly Snap has a special place in our hearts, as well. Our Daddy worked for J. Edgar's FBI, in both DC & New Jersey, When the World was Very Young. He didn't spend much time as a G-Man, though. Our Mom was a tad creeped out by the sidearm Dad had to carry. And his sweet nature conflicted just a little bit with his assignment.

Playing Along Today with Candid Carrie & her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta!

10 comments:

Susie said...

Great picture!

Teri said...

This is so funny. That's so cool about your Dad.

Bird, Frizzy and Our Little Yaya said...

How cool is that? Yeah that wax figure is pretty creepy. I would love to go to a wax museum but they creep me out tooooo much.

Veggie Mom said...

Sounds like it could be a good country song: Daddy was a G-Man, Too!

Z's Mom said...

Cool pic! Which is lil sis and which is you?

HappyChyck said...

Very cool pict!

Tara said...

Wow, that is so interesting about your dad!! Great pic!

Candid Carrie said...

One time I went to a really cheap wax museum (ignore my grammar, I get really nervous over here) and when I say cheap I mean cheap. The wax dummies looked kind of like the real people but not exactly. It was like being kind of drunk in a funeral parlor, sort of. I am guessing about that funeral parlor thing because I've never been there when I was drunk.

That I remember, anyway.

Karen said...

Like the picture !!!

Your dad sounds like a great man!!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

He looks so real.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin