Your Humble Scribe started this Blogging Janx last March. March 31, 2008, to be precise. Since then, Mrs. Scribe has been a regular in the Blogosphere.
So much has happened, which we tried dutifully to note in this space. A student committed suicide. We commemorated the First Anniversary of the Virginia Tech Massacre, which claimed a 2005 graduate of Our Humble High School. We bid "adieu" to seasoned newspaper & yearbook staffs, & welcomed the rookies. Ella Numera Dos graduated from high school. We inaugurated The Scholastic Scribe's Silly Summer Sunday Sweepstakes, which was turned into Sx3 come Fall. We chronicled Ella Numera Una as she continued learning the value of helping those who have a hard time helping themselves. We journeyed to Asbury Park, NJ, & had our One & Only Bloggy Giveaway. We grieved over the deaths of a colleague & a former student.
As the school year commenced once more, we contemplated so much, including September 11, 2001. We celebrated 200 Blog Posts, inaugurated a Very Special Award, found the best shell ever on the beach, and lost a brand-new bloggy friend. We supported Hot Tub Lizzy's Run for President, & admired Barack Obama's physique and well as his tenacity. We made fun of Sarah Palin. In fact, we made fun of her More than Once. We chronicled The Life of a High School Journalism teacher, including The Big Burrito Break-Out. We chronicled The Life of a Commuter, including The Great Semi-Truck, Semi-High-Speed Chase.
In the Dawn of 2009, we criticized the media for their selfishness, then praised the media for their sense of justice. We tried to stick to our exercise regimen, & realized that old folks like Mrs. Scribe sometimes have much more gumption than one might think. We redesigned The Scholastic Scribe; at least the best we knew how. And along this journey, Mrs. Scribe found Her Voice.
Today we celebrate another milestone. Certainly, 300 blog posts is nothing to sneeze at. We understand the commitment involved. And so, we'd like to honor 5 Superior Scribblers, who certainly deserve recognition.
To the 5 who are being honored today: The Superior Scribbler Award, which was originated in October 2008 by Mrs. Scribe, applauds your Tenacity, your Humbleness, your Greatness & your Sense of Self. Today, we're recognizing 5 Wonderful Bloggers who also have found their respective voices. Please follow these Rules, so we can keep the tradition of The Superior Scribbler alive:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this Prestigious Honor! Mr. Linky was working this morning, so make sure to Sign Mr. Linky Here, and then leave a comment!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Now that we've Dispatched with the Formalities, cue the drumroll, please. The Recipients of The Scholastic Scribe's Superior Scribbler Award are:
- Teri: She's a recent College Grad & has Law School in her sights. She also has phenomenal '70s style!
- MammaDawg: The Original Kick-Ass Blogger is most certainly an Original!
- Pseudononymous High School Teacher: Well, she lives in Hawaii, which is an award in itself. But beyond that, she Rocks the House, yo!
- Tara at The Cupcake Cafe: She popped up on Mrs. Scribe's radar screen in early December, in answer to a What's the Word Wednesday Challenge. Something about oxymorons? But there's nothing oxymoronic about this gal!
- Columbia Lily: She deserves an award for living in Abilene, much less teaching there for a while. Now she's located to the more moderate clime of the Pacific Northwest. Plus, she teaches sophomores. Plus, she's a Cat Woman.
That's All, Folks! Thanks for putting up with our Rants, our Rages & our Random Accusations over the last 10 months. And here's to 300 posts more!