As Your Humble Scribe & Many of Her Loyal Readers know, "Why?" is the Best Question to Ask, whether you're a Student Journalista or a Long-Time Worker on the GM Assembly Line.
We want to devote this week to the Lovely & Important Question, "Why?". In so doing, we hope to Stimulate Discussion, Foster Contemplation & Just Plain Enjoy Ourselves. "Why? Week" will culminate in a Creative Offering for Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta, so Stay Tuned!
Oh, and as a Postscript to All This, Please Tune In to tomorrow's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes...You'll Be Glad You Did!
So, Why Do We Love the Beach in the Winter?
- Because the clouds Hug the Ocean low on the horizon, in an ever-changing palette.
- Because The Tourists have all gone home.
- Because we can walk into any restaurant & not wait in line.
- Because walks on the beach do not resemble an over-cooked Meat Market. Nary a thong in sight!
- Because we can Lollygag Around, totally unconcerned about getting some Required Beach Time in.
- Because the ocean continues it Cacophonus Symphony of Sound, regardless of the season.
- Because the dolphins swim Closer to the Shore, and in greater multitudes.
- Because a winter storm shakes the beach house To Its Core.
- Because the wildlife is more plentiful...the aforementioned dolphins, pelicans, foxes, and even One Big Buck that bounded across the dunes before disappearing somewhere beyond the pier.
- Because the shelling...Beach Glass, Slipper Shells, Baby's Ears, Shark's Eyes, Jingle Shells & even This...is Superior.