Saturday, December 20, 2008

"These Are Not Very Bright Guys, and Things Got Out Of Hand"

"Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."~Hal Holbrook, in his role as Deep Throat, in the 1976 film, "All the President's Men."

"You tell me what you know, and I'll confirm. I'll keep you in the right direction if I can, but that's all. Just...follow the money." ~Hal Holbrook, as Deep Throat.

"I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat." ~W. Mark Felt, #2 at the FBI during the Nixon Administration, when he "Came Out" in 2005, and told the world he was really Deep Throat, Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward's Super Secret Source, who basically was responsible for helping Woodward & Bernstein unravel the Tangled Web we've come to know so fondly as Watergate.

Your Humble Scribe was just a Petite Piddler when the Scandal That Brought Down a President broke in The Washington Post. She had already decided the path to take to become a Professional Scribe. And then she grew & grew, honing her skills along the way, & eventually becoming a Superior Scribbler.

Yes, Your Intrepid Scribe had already Set Her Course. But Watergate, Deep Throat, Woodward & Bernstein, Nixon's Resignation, cemented it for her.

W. Mark Felt, age 95, aka "Deep Throat," died in California on Thursday. We'd like to thank him for being A Genuine American Hero. And for showing us the way.

8 comments:

ramblingwoods said...

Hi..I have a post ready that does identify you as the original scribe and I did place a vote for you...

Sheri and George said...

I voted for you

Ronda's Rants said...

You have my vote...
and you are correct...He was an American Hero!

Tara R. said...

I can remember all the news coverage about Watergate. It was amazing.

Good luck in the voting. There were no hanging chads on my ballot!

blognut said...

I put in my vote. Do we only vote one time? I'm only confused because I'm from the Chicago area and we get to vote repeatedly if we're casting the right vote and we've paid enough to the the Governor.

avtcoach said...

Got my vote in...looks like you are doing pretty well, 164 votes at 11% when I was there. Good Luck!

Avtcoach

Z's Mom said...

Yes, it would be nice if more people today would do the right thing....make a difference....before its too late to do anything about it! I'm so angry with our stupid government right now!!!

Sean Hogan said...

You've got my vote!

BTW-I'd appreciate it if you checked out my new blog, Decision-A-Day: http://decision-a-day.blogspot.com/

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin