Saturday, December 6, 2008

Eau de Tourista

This, from Tuesday's Huffington Post. About the US Capitol's new Gazillion Dollar Tourist Trap...we mean, Visitors Center. Quoted Verbatim. Enjoy!

~The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: Tourists won't offend them with their BO anymore.

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."~

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Hi-over from BATW!!!
I read about this in the Washington Post! So funny! I also love your previous post about your journalism class. My son is a senior on the newspaper staff at his highschool in Northern VA., I had to show this to him...he got such a kick out of it.

Great blog and I will vote for you for an edublog award!

Tara R. said...

Isn't is great to find out how our legislators really feel about their constituents? Too funny!

Doré said...

visiting from SITS this morning...

Gazillion dollars? That's a lot!! :-)

Columbia Lily said...

can I just say "TERM LIMITS"

Chitown Meg said...

OTFL. NICE!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin