Monday, December 8, 2008

Come Share With Us!

Tracy P. over at The Journey is having a Virtual Cookie Exchange today. Here's Mrs. Scribe's contribution.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies have been in the Scribe Family at least since Ella Numera Dos took Mrs. Ford's Home-Ec Class at Kilmer Middle School. 7th grade, we believe. Numera Dos just knew she wanted to be a Pastry Chef when she grew up.

Well, Dos still Bakes Up a Storm, but she's got her eye on Other Pursuits. She's majoring in Studio Art now, with an emphasis in Photography. At any rate, we're looking forward to The Child comin' home from College in a little while, so she can whip us up some of these here critters. Enjoy!

Mrs. Ford's
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 stick margarine
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix egg, margarine & vanilla in a large bowl. Blend sugar & brown sugar in the same bowl. Add flour, baking soda & salt, gradually. Stir in oats & raisins. Spoon cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.


Tracy P. said...

Awesome post! I don't have a recipe for these, so I will have to give them a try!

Thanks so much for joining in the fun--hope you find some other yummies to try!

Tara said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies!! The added bonus, of course, being that they are the cookie I can pretend are healthy as I shovel them in by the handful. They are always saying to eat more oatmeal and get more fiber (in raisins).

Melodie said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies, but I've never made them. I'll have to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Lynda said...

Mmmmmm... they sound GREAT!

The Arthur Clan said...

I just wanted to stop by to thank you for visiting my blog with BATW today!

P.S. Your cookie recipe sounds amazing...your photo is so beautiful that I'd truly just like to lick my computer screen right now. Yummy!

HappyChyck said...

How was I suppose to know that stopping by your blog was going to make me hungry? Always a surprise waiting 'round here!

Susie said...

I loved this idea!!! I posted my caramel bars:-)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin