Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sx3: Who's the Turkey?

The annual tradition of a Presidential Pardon for a Turkey dates back to the Truman Administration. Meet May, who now is living a long, long life, thanks to the compassion and beneficance of one George W. Bush, our 43rd Prez.

This snap comes from last year's ceremony. Don't know when Dubya is s'posed to Pardon His Next Turkey, but since 'Tis the Season, we snagged this snap from the Internet, that bountiful bastion of All Things Beautiful. Photo credit goes to the White House Photographer, natch.

Y'all know what to do. Take a gander (Ha! A Gander at a Turkey...Get It?) at this Superb Snap, and Conjure a Creative Caption. Share Your Caption Love in the comments box of this post. Live Long & Prosper. And, as always, Thank You for Your Support!

17 comments:

Nancy Flanagan said...

Heh, heh, Turkey! It's your lucky day. I'm the Decider!

teachj said...

GWB: Everyone thinks you're stupid just like me.

T: At least I serve a purpose.

GWB: Is that like a dolphin?

Tara R. said...

"Good thing we're not in Florida, this could take a while."

I had to get a jab in on my home state. Hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving!

Hippie Family... said...

"I think this is love, you like me, you really really like me!"

Veggie Mom said...

So, who's the Turkey now?

Marrdy said...

I don't have the heart to lop off your head. You look an awful lot like Dad!

dkzody said...

Turkey Day! Finally a day for me.

avoicein said...

In a rare moment of compassion,and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, a Meleagris galllpava pardoned George W. Bush for his crimes against the American people.

Betty said...

Are you from Texas too? Want to be friends?

Tracy P. said...

Wait right here with me...we'll trot outta town together.

HappyChyck said...

Birds of a feather...

Z's Mom said...

I can pardon you! But who is going to pardon me?????

Bilbo said...

Okay, c'mon...you can level with me...where are the weapons of mass destruction?

Susie said...

This is your lucky day:-)

Ed U. Cater said...

This town isn't big enough for the both of us.

Gilahi said...

"With my looks and your brains, we could really go places."

This could be said by either of them.

Eudea-Mamia said...

"You know we don't pardon where I come from. Wonder how you'd fry up in a one of those fancy chairs?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin