Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sx3: Oy Vey!

No, this isn't a hoax. It's not PhotoShopped. This is a real sign on the Williamsburg Bridge, leaving Brooklyn & headed into Manhattan in NYC. Thought this Super Snap would serve us well for The Scholastic Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes!

FYI, Oy Yey! is a Yiddish expression, loosely translated as "Oh my gosh!". So there...now ya know how to say OMG in a foreign language!

But of course, y'all know what to do, correctamundo? Take a gander at this snap, & then Conjure a Cool Caption. It's as easy as that! Then, please Share the Caption Love in the Comments section of this post.

You win nothing, you know, except our Respect, Love & Adulation. So, Get Crackalackin! You'll be so glad you did!

17 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

My funny bone simply isn't up to supplying a caption (too much somber stuff going on at this end), but I'm enjoying a good laugh. Thanks!

MRMacrum said...

"Bridge out ahead"

Mimi aka pz5wjj said...

LOL at bridge out ahead!

"Oy Vey! Why on Earth would you want to leave Brooklyn?! Turn around, turn around!"

Z's Mom said...

"Brooklyn...its like butta....tawlk amungst yourselves."

teachj said...

Oh Yay!! We're out of Brooklyn.

Tara R. said...

That is hilarious!

'I'm getting all verklempt here. You're leaving?'

mybellringers said...

Oy Vey! Fuhgeddaboudit. Leave the gun. Take the Cannoli!

Candid Carrie said...

Leaving Brooklyn
Oy Vey

Leaving Brooklyn
Can't stay

Leaving Brooklyn
I'm gay

Gotta get married
The Canadian way

Candid Carrie said...

P.S. no need to read anything into it, it was just a rhyme that popped into my head.

Susie said...

"Hey, Manhattan...How you doin?"

Marrdy said...

Oy Vey..Stayin' alive, Stayin' alive. Oh, oh, oh, oh, stayin' alive!

HappyChyck said...

I am stumped, but I like everyone else's wit! Great pict!

Mister Teacher said...

Now entering Jew York??

Hippie Family... said...

it would not surprise me if i took that photo myself... I have been there many a time getting across that bridge..
Mine won't be too funny unless you've been there but I would for sure say
"Turn around and go back to Jr's!!!"

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

After a visit to New York, the Minneapolis Mayor came to the City Council with a "Uff-Dah" sign.

Debbie said...

That is hilarious...I can't think of anything witty at the moment. I am bleary eyed tired...I like Carrie's rhyme...so funny...

MammaDawg said...

he he he... if there are any Twilight fans out there, then I'm SURE someone has already thought of changing it to...

"OME"

;) lol - I know - look at me, reading YA fiction!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin