Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Sign of Our Times?

The Economy is All. Screwed. Up. How do we know? Take a look at the latest Bad News Good News Bad News from the Refreshment Industry:
  • Bad News: Starbucks' profits fell 97 percent in the last quarter, as consumers tried to rein in spending on gourmet food items.
  • Good News (at least for them): Mickey D's profits skyrocketed in the same time period, as consumers tried to find affordable options for dining out.
  • Bad News: A Golden Arches Spokesman says the company will probably have to hike the prices of its Dollar Menu Meals to keep pace with inflation.

8 comments:

Chitown Meg said...

My dollar menu will be effected (or is it affected?)??

MRMacrum said...

As long as Mickey D's and Walmart are flush I guess all is not lost. I may have to do my good American duty and actually stop in one or the other for a change and toss some cash their way.

Lynda said...

McNasty? Eeewwwww

Ronnica said...

I've actually cut out McDonald's since cutting back, I can't even afford that. (Okay, that's not quite true. I still eat Chick-fil-a. I'm just choosing to be picky where I spend my fast food dollars, and thereby save money.)

Susie said...

When is this nightmare going end? Soon...I hope.

LadyFi said...

I love that sign for the nasty burger. (I hate Mc Ds so won't be too affected...)

Aubrey said...

I LOVE McD fries. That's about it. Oh...wait! I love their iced coffee too. That could be why Starbucks is down!

Marrdy said...

What, increasing the dollar menu? That's almost criminal! Love the McNasty. Pretty funny.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin