Friday, November 28, 2008

Fx4: 'Tis the Season!

Gettin' in the spirit with Candid Carrie and her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta! Today we bring you a scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We started a new Holiday Tradition this year by gathering around the Boob Tube on Thanksgiving Night. This Classic Flick is a FanTAbulous way to Kick. Off. The. Season!

Your Humble Scribe has always ascribed to Clark Griswold's philosophy, as expressed when he and The Fam go out to get One Ginormous Griswold Family Christmas Tree.

"It's not big, it's full," Clark says.

"Dad, that wouldn't even fit in our yard," son Russ says.

"It's not going in our yard," Clark retorts. "It's going in our living room."

Hope You & Yours had a Yummy Turkey Day. And don't let Black Friday overwhelm ya. Although we did hear that The Gap is having a 2 for 1 sale on sweaters! I'm just sayin...

13 comments:

Susie said...

I love the Griswolds!!! Too funny!!

I hope Black Friday does overwhelm me....with business in my chocolate shop :-)

Dawn@Embracing the Ordinary Life said...

OOOHHH the memories...

wendy said...

You HAD to mention GAP, didn't you?! I was at peace with not shopping today...until now! LOL!

Love the National Lampoon flix!

BoufMom9 said...

LOVE that movie! I don't even need to view the video, I know it by heart!
My favorite scene, the Squirrel, which sadly my family has re-enacted two years in a row....YIKES!

dkzody said...

It's 8:30 in the morning out here on the west coast and I just made my black friday purchase, online. I ordered a musical keyboard to plug into the Macs at school. Apple had a deal that was too good to resist. Otherwise, I'm staying home all day.

HappyChyck said...

I love the Griswolds, too! It's a nice change from the sappy Christmas stories that will be running from now until Christmas. Okay, I love those, too, but humor is good, too.

This is the first time in years I didn't participate in Black Friday. I'm sure I can still experience some "hurry up to wait in line" sometime this season, though.

Tara R. said...

A wish for a Lampoon-full holiday season to you and yours. I avoid Black Friday like the plague. I think there is some sort of irony in there somewhere. Enjoy your time off!

Veggie Mom said...

Always Fun Times with the Griswold's!

Z's Mom said...

I love that movie....too funny!!!!

Dawn said...

I love the Griswolds!!! Thanks for sharing! I am thankful for friends like you too! Thanks for that sweet comment!

Ritch in Love said...

LOL! Growing up it was a family tradition to wrap our presents for friends and neighbors in the basement as we watched The Griswolds celebrate Christmas! My dad's side of the family is just like Clark's in-laws! Winnebago and all!

Chitown Meg said...

I love Christmas Vacation!!! My favorite movie....Woo hoo!

Gombojav Tribe said...

My favorite part of that movies is when Clark goes shopping with Cousin Eddie and asks him what his kids want for Christmas.

"And if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to get something for you, real niiiiice."

Brilliant!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin