Monday, November 10, 2008

Hoping & Praying for the Best...

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
~Albert Camus~

Kathleen "Beany" McBroom has been missing exactly 2 weeks. Many of you know Beany as your Bloggy Friend over at So Grateful to Be Mormon. So many more of you know her from her kind, funny and on-the-mark comments at blogs thruout our Cyber-Community.

Your Humble Scribe can not claim Beany as a true Bloggy Friend. We had only become Bloggy Acquaintances, of sorts, the week before she disappeared. The Scholastic Scribe was featured on Blog Around the World. Beany jumped right in there with a comment at 2:50 a.m., laughing at the PhotoShopped image of Barack Obama & Sarah Palin Dancing with the Stars. She mentioned that she had been raised in Our Neck o' the Woods, and thanked us for giving her a laugh.


Because Mama Raised Her Right, Mrs. Scribe replied to all the comments from that BATW Day in the Sun, including Beany's. Beany commented back that same day, both on her blog & on our blog, plus sent an e-mail. A Bloggy Bond began to Bud.

Beany also was named a winner, around that time, of The Scholastic Scribe's Superior Scribbler Award. She received this Bit o' Bling from her friend, Tara R., over at If Mom Says OK. Beany, in fact, was the first on Tara's list for Paying it Forward.

"I love Beany’s 'so good' posts," Tara scribbled in naming her friend Superior in the Scribbling Sense. "She has the uncanny ability to post these just when someone else needs to read them." Beany, of course, scribbled right back: "hi TARa, thank you! very kind of you doll. i love being able to have this writing outlet on the blog and in the journal. like nothing else. and congrats to you, too, for this. thanks for bringing some sun my way today and with every note...from your sweetie beany weany."

But the morning of October 27, Beany vanished. On her way to work. Without a trace, as the professionals say. The Anchorage, Alaska Police are investigating, Beany's friends and blog family are getting the word out, and her family members, of course, are beside themselves. As of Press Time, 152 comments had been logged on the last entry on Beany's Blog, posted by her 18-year-old daughter.

Your Humble Scribe did not know Kathleen "Beany" McBroom well. But we feel the pain and confusion of her family, her friends and her readers. One of Beany's recent posts, entitled "Living in the Moment," explains a lot about her. Please read it. And think of Beany. And pray for her safe return.

15 comments:

LadyFi said...

Oh my goodness! That's simply awful .. her family must be going through hell. I pray that she returns safe and sound very soon.

Sue said...

I am beside myself too. I keep having dreams that she is calling people telling them she is back from a vacation or got lost or just needed a break. Thank you for writing such a beautiful post about Beany. Your words sing praises she completely deserves.

Hello Mary Lou said...

I'm new here. This is frightening. Prayers and Blessings to her and her family.

Lynda said...

Oh, how sad. I pray she turns up completely fine.

Tara R. said...

Thank you so much for this. I keep expecting her to call or leave a message and ask what all the fuss was about. I'll keep praying and keep hoping.

Susie said...

That is awful!! I am hoping for her safe return also.

Debbie said...

WHOA...I thought you were joking at first. I pray that all is okay.Wow. I am just shocked. You are a great bloggy friend Melissa!

Veggie Mom said...

I've seen posts about Beany around several blogs the last couple of weeks, including Tara's and Mrs. 4444. We will keep remembering Kathleen and her family in our prayers.

Meaghan said...

Wow this is just terrible but what a wonderful post. I cant tell by your post that she is a wonderful spirit and has touched many lives through her kindness. I will keep her in my prayers and pray for her safe, quick return!

Chitown Meg said...

This is very sad. I will say a prayer for her and her family tonight.

Mrs4444 said...

I've known Beany since June and felt the same immediate connection; she's such a sweetheart. I wrote a post, too. It's all we can do, but hopefully, it will help.

Julie said...

thanks for sharing...will be praying for her

Louise, Carmine Superiore, Italy said...

Shocking. I hope she's safe and sound. Her poor family must be in tatters. Praying for her, and them.

Valerie said...

Just visited her blog. Sad. I hope they find her soon adn safe. I know her family is having a difficult time. I'll be praying for them.

Kathi said...

I am praying for Beany. Thank you for sharing this. I read about her on BATW and just spent some time over at her blog.

Believe it or not, I just finished reading the book The Shack. It has given me so much insight and comfort. It is encouraging to know that Beany knew and loved God. I believe that He is with her whereever she is.

I pray that she is found and that her family finds comfort and peace. Please keep us updated.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin