Saturday, November 22, 2008

45 Years Ago Today

4th grade was a long time ago.
2nd chair violin,
elementary school orchestra.
Dr. Ross told us,
and then we went home early.
A 4-day weekend,
but we really weren't that happy.
My Nana said that maybe we shouldn't
laugh too hard or too long,
out of respect.
We didn't move to Dallas until
5 years later.
But we still remember.
We will never forget.
~The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.~
~John F. Kennedy, 35th president~


Susie said...

Has is been that long? Wow!

Tara R. said...

My parents still tell me they remember exactly what they were doing when they heard this news. I was barely a year old. For me and my kids, it will be remembering minute details of Sept. 11.

Veggie Mom said...

A defining moment in our history. I agree with Tara...on a par with 9/11. Thanks for remembering.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Those of us who lived through that day will never forget.

Hippie Family... said...

wow.. I was not here then but I can understand the loss of such a great man. Thanks for helping us all to remember.

Stacey said... mom was in Dallas in school and vividly remembers that time. Such a tragic, tragic loss.

MammaDawg said...

A wonderful tribute in remembering...

Dawn said...

That always makes me so sad! Has it really been that long!!?? Hope you are doing great!

teachergirl said...

I was sitting on my Dad's shoulders as the caisson rolled past. I don't know if I remember or if I have heard that story so many times that it has been ingrained into my memory. Still, it haunts me.

Ritch in Love said...

I'm so happy you remembered that day on your blog. Two years ago we took our kids to the museum in the warehouse in Dallas. There is a reverence there that is undeniable. His was a defining presidency.

Scott Hankins said...

I was home with the mumps, aged 12.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin