We asked some Tough, Scribely Questions today, & Hot Tub Lizzy, The Plaid Party Candidate, Does. Not. Disappoint! And, BTW...the Snap Above is guaranteed to get her some press in The Star magazine. Ya think?
- Lately, there has been quite the buzz in the press about the candidates’ clothing: Sarah Palin’s shopping spree at Neiman Marcus, Barack Obama’s Hermes suits, John McCain’s Ferragamo loafers, Michelle Obama’s preference for Ann Taylor. Where do you and your family shop? How will that change after you are sworn in as the 44th President? Funny you would ask this…Just this morning Mr. B suggested that a Target be built on the grounds of the White House. Because that’s where I have shopped since I was little, where I continue to shop, and where I WILL shop forever and ever, amen. (Hey Target head-honchos–I’m not above some Presidentially Approved, sold-at-Target-only kind of things like sheets and towels and blenders, etc….call my Peeps)!
- Newspapers have been coming out with candidate endorsements the last couple of weeks. What publications are backing your candidacy, and why? In recognition of my status as a distinguished past Columnist, The High School Reader of the Midwest has graciously indicated their support of me. The Moose Lake Star-Gazette has also backed me (I think it’s the link between Flannel & Plaid). And, while it’s not official yet, it’s my understanding that at any moment I can expect the endorsement of Star; apparently they have pictures of me at my alien wedding…
- What are your views on being a “Maverick” in politics? First of all, can we PLEASE stop using that word?? ICK & UGH!!!! You know what the synonyms of Maverick are? Bohemian, dissenter, extremist, malcontent, nonconformist, radical bohemian, dissenter, loner, nonconformist, stray, unbranded…Let’s think who in the last century could be called a “maverick” given those words… hmm… Hitler…Stalin….Hussein (Sadam that is)…I would rather be “ The Amalgamator” or “Intermingler” or “Coalescer”…someone who brings people together.
- We understand you are urging your supporters to wear plaid to the polls in support of a Hot Tub Lizzy candidacy, and to take photos of themselves to later post on their blogs. What’s the strategy behind this move? Solidarity baby…Solidarity. And 'cause EVERYONE looks good in plaid!!!!
- John Stewart or Stephen Colbert? Jim Lehrer.