Sunday, October 12, 2008

S x 3: Acrimony Reigns Supreme

In light of all the acrimony on the Presidential Campaign Trail this past week, the above snap came to mind for today's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Yet very little real acrimony exists here, in Real Life.

These two Journalistas are both Editors-in-Chief of Our Humble High School's student newspaper. Let's just say that in the 3.25 years we've known These Particular Cherubs, there's always been a little Old-Fashioned, Healthy Competition involved. We set this snap up as part of our MTV Contest Entry last spring.

You know the drill. Take a Quick Second to really scrutinize this snap carefully. Then, Conjure a Clever Caption & leave it in the Comments Section of this post. You, of course, win nothing tangible for all your Toil & Tribulation. Just the knowledge that you've made Someone--Somewhere, Somehow--Smile. And ain't that what it's all about?

19 comments:

teachj said...

Shhhhh, be vewwwy qwuiet, weere hwunting weeders. Heh-heh-heh.

Edna Lee said...

Ah HA! There's that damn fly!

Veggie Mom said...

Batter Up!

Betty said...

Is it my eyes or are there aliens on his shoulder?

Sean Hogan said...

Softball sucks? I'll show him softball sucks...

(you have to go back and watch their news show for that!)

Tara R. said...

Testing the theory that aluminum bats are better than wooden ones.

Kelly said...

GIVE ME BACK MY TWILIGHT BOOK!!!

jewelstreet said...

Quick! While he's not looking...

Love all these captions. Thanks for reminding me about this.

dkzody said...

I vote for Kelly's caption because the picture reminds me of when I was a small child, maybe 3 or 4, and my cousin, a year or so older, came to visit. I had two small shovels and she took my favorite and was digging in the dirt with it. When I asked for MY shovel, she refused to give it back, so I stood over her and struck her over the head with the disagreeable shovel. I can still see myself standing over her, much like your munchkin. "Give me back my shovel."

Nik said...

Heheh!

You're more than welcome to snag my b!mbo pic ;>

Nancy Flanagan said...

Put that book down! You're making the rest of us look bad!

Tulsi said...

I told you what would happen if you read my published diary!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Aristotle and Cat Osterman at play.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Good luck!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

This one just came to mind:
For once, get your nose out of the books and have some fun!

Bilbo said...

"I'm tired of boys hitting on me. This time the shoe is on the other foot!"

Mrs4444 said...

Silently, stealthily, she approached the ever-elusive Litericus Maximus.

Mister Teacher said...

The Neverending Story, Part XV: The Bloody Ending

Mimi aka pz5wjj said...

All these captions are great!

I can't think of anything... love the picture though!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin