Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Lizzy Chronicles: Just Ducky!

She's baaaaaaaaaaaack! And just in time for the 3rd Presidential Debate! Hot Tub Lizzy is running for The Big House--The WHITE House--ya know. She tried to get invited to the shindig up Long Island Way tonite, between Sen. John McCain and That One. But no go. So we're hosting our very own Hot Tub Lizzy Roundtable. In the interest of Transparency, Honesty & All That Janx, let's remind y'all that Lizzy is a Member of The Plaid Party. Just so you know.

Well, Your Humble Scribe may have exaggerated a tad there. We do have a round table, somewhere around here. How 'bout the Dining Room? And a few questions to Ask the Candidate. But no real panel, to speak. Just Mrs. Scribe & Hot Tub Lizzy. Is it OK if we call this convo a Roundtable? Just sounds so much more officious that-a way! Anyway, don't be square--let's get to the Q&A Right Away!
  1. We know from reading your blog that you have two lovely daughters. You’ve also mentioned incorporating them, along with other family members & friends, into your administration. Any plans for a White House wedding, or perhaps two? Well… we know for sure that I’ll be in office for 4 years (Power of Positive Thinking), so at the end of that time, Essie will be 14 and Gert will be 9. We DO live in the mountains of North Carolina, but we’re not quite THAT backward. Now…Mr. B and I…there’s a good chance for a White House Wedding…or Camp David Wedding…or on the Ranch in Texas…oh wait–that’s not my ranch!
  2. The White House has not been redecorated since Nancy Reagan was First Lady. What predominant color scheme will you choose if you redecorate, and why? Any thoughts on a remodel? And finally, since you will be our First Female President, will you be in charge of the re-do, or will you delegate that task to others? Of COURSE I’d want Plaid!!! But you know what would be Even Better? To have some “Design a Room at the White House” competitions, and have some of these huge corporations, which have hundreds of thousands of dollars for weekend getaways, foot the bill! Of course, at least ONE bathroom MUST be in Duck D├ęcor (see picture)! In terms of remodeling, I think that given the current state of economic affairs, spending money unnecessarily would be unwise.
  3. As President, you will be required by tradition to host many State Dinners. What do you envision putting on the menu of those dinners with Heads of State? You know how Mrs. Palin has told everyone that she got rid of the chef in the Governor’s Mansion? I plan to do the same thing with the White House, and instead use that as an opportunity to teach Essie & Gert about cooking. So at first there will be a lot of Mac & Cheese and Bologna Sandwiches, but as time goes on I think we will progress to spaghetti and maybe some scrambled eggs. Oh, but some DARN good cookies will be served up for snack time! (Quick! See the Other Pic!)
  4. “W,” our current President, has Barney & Mrs. Beasley. LBJ had those Unfortunate Beagles, one of whom he picked up by the ears. Do you have a family pet, or do you just shower love on the moose you mentioned in our interview last week? Any thoughts on the role this Critter--or any others--will play in a Hot Tub Lizzy Administration? We will bring to the White House approximately 26,348 stuffed animals, which in my mind are MORE than plenty, but I know the “appeal” of the Presidential Pooch. So I have agreed with Essie & Gert that when we move to the White House, IF we can enlist the services of “The Dog Whisperer” … I will allow a small (but CUTE) dog. One. One dog. That’s it.
  5. Memphis, NC or Texas BBQ? Minnesota–my mom makes a ROCKIN' BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 comments:

Yaya said...

You know-you're talked about a lot on other ppl's SiTS posts!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I might have to change an answer... last night we were at petsmart and there was the CUTEST pair of kitties... I might need them. They'd look SO cute curled up on the corner of my desk in the oval office.

Ruthanne said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

I was perusing your profile and saw one of your favorite books is Gone with the Wind.

I love that book! It is defintely one of my favorites as well. The Count of Monte Cristo tops my list, though.

I have been reading through the classics for the past year and a half - some of them make me wonder why they're considered a classic!

Right now, I'm reading David Copperfield . . . kind of struggling to get into it.

Blog Stalker said...

I am starting to really like your Vote for Lizzy posts!

But Lizzy, please, no kitties. Presidents have dogs! (or bring both with you, but there HAS to be a dog!)

Have a great day!

Lynda said...

I am completely with Lizzy except for the BBQ - gotta be Texas ;-)

Ronda's Rants said...

Very interesting! I am with Blogstalker...our presidents should have dogs! I am just saying!

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Alight - how about we get a DOG AND a CAT and THAT will promote our belief in bi-partisianship. Yes??

Veggie Mom said...

Hey...Clinton had a cat--don't you remember Socks? Chelsea's cat, I think. I'm a kitty-lover myself, but I also favor compromise. So...get the 2 kittens you saw at PetSmart, Lizzy, and then we'll find you a nice mutt at the pound!

Marrdy said...

Boy do I have some very cool accessories to go with that new White House Duckie bathroom.

Lizzy still has my vote!

Tracy P. said...

The dog and cat could have matching plaid sweaters!

Susie said...

Another great interview!

Dawn said...

Great interview! I love me some Lizzy and her girls!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Thanks for stopping by on my BATW today.

Oh I say get the kittens!!! Loved this post

Oh2122 said...

That ducky picture is a hoot!

Thanks for coming by on my BATW day. My head is *still* spinning!

AFRo said...

Awe come on. You haven't had REAL bbq until you've had Memphis BBQ. Seriously. Great job on the roundtable and for the record, at the rate things are going, I am willing to vote plaid.

MommyWizdom said...

All presidential bathrooms should be in DUCK decor! Very funny post! Good luck w/upgrading to scrambled eggs; I'm still working on that!

Rhonda said...

Hey, congrats on your shout out today!

Nina said...

How funny! What a great way to have fun with such a not so fun election time.

Becky said...

Between the two yahoo's running for president you would get my vote! Too cute!

Preston said...

I may have to switch parties. Hmmm. Your slogan could be, "Don't get mad, get plaid!" I like it. :)

Astrid said...

Ha ha ha! I loved reading that interview! Thanks for the laughs. I also like the "don't get mad, get plaid" slogan (from previous comment :)).

Michaela said...

Loved the interview. At least you didn't skirt the answers like some of the other interviews out there ;)

Jen said...

I found you through sits..YOur posts are cracking me up!

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thank you for the post

VigRX Plus said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me. would you mind updating your blog with more information

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin