Well, Your Humble Scribe may have exaggerated a tad there. We do have a round table, somewhere around here. How 'bout the Dining Room? And a few questions to Ask the Candidate. But no real panel, to speak. Just Mrs. Scribe & Hot Tub Lizzy. Is it OK if we call this convo a Roundtable? Just sounds so much more officious that-a way! Anyway, don't be square--let's get to the Q&A Right Away!
- We know from reading your blog that you have two lovely daughters. You’ve also mentioned incorporating them, along with other family members & friends, into your administration. Any plans for a White House wedding, or perhaps two? Well… we know for sure that I’ll be in office for 4 years (Power of Positive Thinking), so at the end of that time, Essie will be 14 and Gert will be 9. We DO live in the mountains of North Carolina, but we’re not quite THAT backward. Now…Mr. B and I…there’s a good chance for a White House Wedding…or Camp David Wedding…or on the Ranch in Texas…oh wait–that’s not my ranch!
- The White House has not been redecorated since Nancy Reagan was First Lady. What predominant color scheme will you choose if you redecorate, and why? Any thoughts on a remodel? And finally, since you will be our First Female President, will you be in charge of the re-do, or will you delegate that task to others? Of COURSE I’d want Plaid!!! But you know what would be Even Better? To have some “Design a Room at the White House” competitions, and have some of these huge corporations, which have hundreds of thousands of dollars for weekend getaways, foot the bill! Of course, at least ONE bathroom MUST be in Duck Décor (see picture)! In terms of remodeling, I think that given the current state of economic affairs, spending money unnecessarily would be unwise.
- As President, you will be required by tradition to host many State Dinners. What do you envision putting on the menu of those dinners with Heads of State? You know how Mrs. Palin has told everyone that she got rid of the chef in the Governor’s Mansion? I plan to do the same thing with the White House, and instead use that as an opportunity to teach Essie & Gert about cooking. So at first there will be a lot of Mac & Cheese and Bologna Sandwiches, but as time goes on I think we will progress to spaghetti and maybe some scrambled eggs. Oh, but some DARN good cookies will be served up for snack time! (Quick! See the Other Pic!)
- “W,” our current President, has Barney & Mrs. Beasley. LBJ had those Unfortunate Beagles, one of whom he picked up by the ears. Do you have a family pet, or do you just shower love on the moose you mentioned in our interview last week? Any thoughts on the role this Critter--or any others--will play in a Hot Tub Lizzy Administration? We will bring to the White House approximately 26,348 stuffed animals, which in my mind are MORE than plenty, but I know the “appeal” of the Presidential Pooch. So I have agreed with Essie & Gert that when we move to the White House, IF we can enlist the services of “The Dog Whisperer” … I will allow a small (but CUTE) dog. One. One dog. That’s it.
- Memphis, NC or Texas BBQ? Minnesota–my mom makes a ROCKIN' BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!