Since we do teach High School English, and all, this list is also Par for the Course. These are The Best, because they are also The Worst. A troubling paradox of those Terrible Teen Years. Are they Legit? Hard to say. Probably not written by teenagers, we'd say. Some of them seem almost too contrived. Which are your faves?
PS: Don't forget our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow!
- He was as tall as a 6′3″ tree.
- From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and "Real World" comes on at 10:00 p.m. instead of 10:30.
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
- Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
- They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.
- The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.
- Fishing is like waiting for something that does not happen very often.
- They were as good friends as the people on “Friends.”