Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Hot Tub Lizzy Chronicles: Take "3"

So, where were we? Oh, yeah...Hot Tub Lizzy is Running for President. Did someone say something about Dressing a Moose? What with the Bailout, the Two Debates, Tina Fey, The Winking, & All, Your Intrepid Scribe almost lost track! Here we bring you the 3rd in a continuing Tuesday Series of Interviews with The Other Candidate--She of the Plaid Party! We thought we'd get this Critical Piece out to The Public well ahead of Tonite's 2nd Presidential Debate. So McCain & Obama could Size Up Their Competition, as it were. To read what Lizzy has had to say in our previoius two encounters, please click here. Or here. There you have it. The complete Body of Work as it relates to Hot Tub Lizzy: The Plaid Candidate!

We've got one thing to say about all this Presidential Janx: We're Pretty Darn Sure Lizzy would know how to answer a question from Katie Couric! Let's hear what The Woman in Plaid has to say about Pressing Issues of the Day:
  1. Other than your proposed 12 PMS Days a year, what are your thoughts on other Federal Holidays? Well, just this week I proposed that Halloween should be moved to the last Saturday in October, and that seems to have been met with GREAT results. I ALSO think that the day after Thanksgiving should be made a Federal Holiday as well…'cause most people don’t work that day, and the ones that do are just annoyed that they have to be at work and don’t really do much anyways. Beyond that, you know, our friends in Europe get one bank holiday a month. We REALLY need that… imagine how much more productive we would all be!!!
  2. The “mainstream” candidates keep talking about “change.” One purports to support “Change You Can Believe In,” while the other says “Change is Coming.” Your thoughts on change? There are phrases/words from the last few months that I would like to see us ban for a while… one is “Sphere of Uncertainty” (thank you, Jim Cantori, and all those weatherpeople for THAT one) and the other is CHANGE… Change Change Change Change…Change is for diapers and I-gave-you-more-money-than-what-I-bought-cost. I’m all about Compromise. Remember that from Sesame Street, kids?? Compromise.
  3. How do you dress a moose? I always like to put a moose in a kicky striped hat and a fun plaid purse…'cause…you know.. I’m ALL about the plaid (see photo at the top)!
  4. While John McCain elected to suspend his campaign, albeit briefly, in the wake of the U.S. Economic Crisis, you have been talking about suspenders on your campaign blog. Can you please explain the difference? Mr. McCain felt he needed to head back to Washington and work on a current crisis, and I admire him for that. So he SUSPENDED his campaign. I, on the other hand, am not galivanting around the country eating fried foods at the local VFW picnic, so I have LOST weight during this campaign, and have decided that Suspenders are a MUCH more cost-effective way of dealing with weight loss, and so I plan to bring BACK the suspender as a fashion statement, and of COURSE they will be PLAID!!!!
  5. Tina Fey or Sarah Palin? Honestly–I think the bigger question is who is going to play ME??? I just ran this photo thing that is supposed to tell you who you look like. It told me Peter Ustinov looks like me. If you’re looking for me, my best guess would be my local plastic surgeon's.

11 comments:

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I'm tired enough and loopy enough that reading that cracked ME up...

Dawn said...

I still love me some Hot Tub Lizzy!

Veggie Mom said...

Lizzy is The Best! Love the Moose, too!

Veggie Mom said...

BTW, thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS Featured Blogger Day in the Sun! Hope you come back soon to visit me...we always have a lot going on at my place!

Lynda said...

Lizzy, Lizzy...it's CONE of Uncertainty...trust me, I am in Houston. lol - you are so funny. I like the Plaid Party!

Ronnica said...

Very fun! Let's all go plaid!

Bilbo said...

Peter Ustinov?????

Deanna said...

Oh shoot! I was hoping for another movie quote challenge.

And another word from Sesame Street which was really good -- cooperation!

Mad about plaid, Lizzy, mad about plaid!

Sean Hogan said...

(unrelated to this post)

I'll just have to talk some sense into the cherubs on Friday when I'm home for Fall break, then. We'll squeeze a story out of them!

Dawn said...

I will be glad to send you the first 2 books if you email me your address. My email address is dawnlundin@gmail.com. They will just sit on my bookcase forever!

Hippie Family... said...

I changed my mind!I'm votin for the moose!!!
Ok, so I was just thinking about you two.. we got Cheerio's today and it came with a free book. Duck for President... Is this Lizzy's book? She's in good with the cheerio crowd!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin