Friday, October 24, 2008

Fx4: The Six Phases of Teaching

Phase I: You are listening to jazz -- Your first day at work is great. Your fellow teachers are wonderful, your classroom is cute, you love your students, and your principal is the best!

Phase II: You are listening to pop music -- After a while, maybe by the end of September, you are so busy that you are not sure if you're coming or going anymore.

Phase III: You are listening to heavy metal--This is what you feel like after TWO months

Phase IV: You are listening to hip hop–Come late January/early February, you become bloated due to stress, you're gaining weight due to lack of exercise because you are so tired and have so much school work to do when you get home, you feel sluggish and suffer from constipation. Your fellow teachers are too cheerful for your liking and the walls of your classroom are closing in. You have started thinking "WHATEVER" about your administration.

Phase V: You are listening to GANGSTA RAP--After more time passes and April hits, your eyes start to twitch, and you forget what a "good hair day" feels like as you just fall out of bed and load up on caffeine.

Phase VI: You are listening to the voices in your head–By May, you have to lock your classroom door to keep people out, you wonder WHY you are even here in the first place and WHAT was I thinking becoming a teacher?
Playing along with Candid Carrie today. This is NOT original work. Comes to you Courtesy of Our Friend Bellringers. It's even FUNNIER if you can get the little cats to move (the e-mail we received was animated) but sadly, Your Humble Scribe is not that gifted in the Cyberspace Department. Come join Carrie's Friday Foto Fiesta Finish--It's Fun!

14 comments:

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

i have seen this all animated and it cracked me up, especially the really spazzy one running around very quick.

sogratefultobemormon.wordpress.com said...

your extra captions were adorable :)

Tara R. said...

Loved phase V... laughed so loud people in my office came running. This was great!

Hippie Family... said...

I've gotten this e-mail before.. that is funny with your SSS twist on it ;)

Susie said...

That is hilarious!!!

Lauren said...

THIS was WAY too funny. TEEHEEEEEEE!

BoufMom9 said...

Thanks for the giggles! Very funny!

~~tonya~~ said...

That is so funny. My mom's a teacher--gonna show her this. Stopping in from Candid Carrie--TFS!

Veggie Mom said...

Really funny stuff. Did you make up the captions, or are those from Bellringers, too?

Swirl Girl said...

this is really one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!

dkzody said...

I was too tired to laugh, but I sure enjoyed the pics.It's been a really busy week and all I want to do is NOT think about school but I should be because I need to develop a rubric for a major assignment.

mybellringers said...

Thanks for the shout out, but I just passed it around. I have no idea where it originated, but you're right the animated one is hysterical!

Marrdy said...

OH.MY.GOSH!! I cannot stop laughing! That is too funny. Love me some kitty cats!!

LadyFi said...

OMG - this was too funny! You became a teacher to HELP those cats, I mean kids, right? And to entertain us humble blog readers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin