Monday, September 15, 2008

Vote for Tina!

How many of you Bloggy Readers predicted that Tina Fey, late of SNL, would return to that classic late-nite show to showcase her incredible talents as a mimic and a satirist?

Take a look at last Saturday's opening SNL sketch. Fey, as Veep Nominee Sarah Barracuda, does a near-flawless imitation opposite sidekick Amy Poehler as the Long-Suffering Hillary. What a Hoot-and-a-Half!

The Chicago Tribune--we know, that Darned Media Again!--seems to think Fey out-Palined Palin. Even our Journalistas, who often live under rocks because they're a) Teenagers & b) Not So Interested in the Real World, thought the sketch was a stitch.

It's Critically Important that you Cast Your Ballot on this Pressing Issue. Gosh, we love it when Silliness supplants Serious Political Discourse during the Presidential Sweepstakes!

Seriously, What do you think?

8 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

Tina Fey is a definite 'twin' of Palin. She definitely lived up to the hype on portraying her.

I'm sure she will be back until the election for sure. And if McCain/Palin win then she has at least 4 years of employment at SNL.

Have a great day!

Veggie Mom said...

This is soooooo funny! I wonder what Hillary thinks when she sees the Poehler impression of her?

Candid Carrie said...

I watched it Sunday morning, laughed so hard I watched it again and then one more time.

I thought both women were equally "jabbed" and I think it is so cool that Tina Fey came back.

Damn, I wish I was so good at something I had no choice but to go and do it because it was what the people wanted (and it paid really really really good).

Marrdy said...

I just saw this today. It is too funny. They both are perfect!!

Dawn said...

I figured she would be back when I saw the comparisons to Sarah Palin. The skit was really cute!

Tara R. said...

I though Fey was spot on in her impersonation of Palin. Hubs called the night Palin was named McCain's running mate. I thought the skit was hilarious.

Amy said...

I can see Russia from my house!

Melissa B. said...

Ames: I visited Anchorage once. Does that count for "foreign policy experience"?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin