Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lots to See on the Midway!

The 187th Carnival of Education makes its debut at Lead From the Start today. Our dissertation on The Perils of Setting Up Your Room is included, along with lots & lots of particularly prescient pronouncements on The Joys of Pedagogy. Several of our Bloggy Teacher Friends Made the Cut, including:

Next week's Carnival will be hosted September 10th at The Core Knowledge Blog. If you'd like to contribute, just use this handy-dandy submission form!

The Stresses of the Second Day of School are upon us. We've got to get ready for class (fortunately, with all the schedule-modification goin' on at Our Humble High School, we still have 1st-period planning!) and then go to a meeting. Yup...we're on that venerated "Evaluation Cycle" again. Oh, the Joy, the Rapture!


Deanna said...

I LOVE LOVE that pic!

Lynda said...

I don't think I could live in the school world. Every time I have to deal with my daughter's high school, I want to TAKE OVER and make it like it was wayyyyyyyyyy back when I went to high school.

Thanks for stopping by via BATW, too!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

You know, I don't know how often people say this to you, but since I graduated in 2006, I know how highschoolers are these days. All about hair, clothes, and who fornicated at Jacob's house party last weekend.
Thank you! For teaching the unteachable, and dealing with these crazy ass kids. Somebody has to do it!
Listen to me... "these crazy ass kids"... like I am much older. But thanks, anyway!

Veggie Mom said...

Ohhhhhhhh...I'm with Deanna on this--LOVE the "snap," as you would say! We teachers ARE a crazy bunch to do what we do for a living, ain't we?

Mimi aka pz5wjj said...

Oh Love that picture! It's priceless!

Second day of school? We've been back a month...... we're approaching doldrums here.

Mamacita (Mamacita) said...

That's a GREAT picture!

My students just now finished their test, so they all got to leave early, and so do I.



Blog Widget by LinkWithin