Saturday, August 23, 2008

You Say "Goodbye," And I Say "Hello"...

Guess we’ve established that Your Humble Scribe is No. Spring. Chicken. Let’s just say that when the Brits invaded, we were sorta on the youngish side of our “formative” years.

For those readers of Generation X, Next, Whatever, we’re not talkin’ “The British Are Coming!” Paul Revere kinda British Invasion. We—but of course!—are talkin’ Beatles. With a Capital “B.” John, Paul, George & Ringo, née Richard Starkey (natch).

All this is to say that we almost, practically, single-handedly learned Every. Single. Beatles. Song before we could even read. Or were potty-trained. Well, a slight exaggeration, but you get it, don’tcha?

So, this is the type of person Your. Scribe. Has. Become. Our local radio station is running a “Beatles, A-Z Weekend.” All Beatles, All the Time. We’re in Beatles Heaven. We stayed home Friday Nite so we could Blog Surf & Beatles Listen. What is this world coming to?

If ya wanna satisfy a little ol’ 21st-Century Beatlemania, click here. At the top of the page is a button that allows you to LISTEN LIVE. Otherwise, tune in tomorrow, same time, this channel, for another of The Scholastic Scribe’s Silly Summer Sunday Sweepstakes. If ya wanna take a look at how Dad. Burn. Fun Our Contest With No Prizes is, click here. Tommorow's snap will Be the Best. We’re sure y’all will have loads of Caption Love to Share!

7 comments:

MissKris said...

Oh, girl...so I hear you on the Beatles, even after all these years!! I'm a first time visitor coming over from Lynda's and I'm so glad I did. We're 'almost' empty nesters - a grown daughter had to move back in due to health and financial problems a few years back. Anyway, I hope you'll stop by and visit. I will definitely be back. OH! I almost forgot to tell you!! I saw GEORGE HARRISON when I was 10 years old at the airport here in Portland. His face and the laps of the other 3 Beatles...they were in a limo on the blacktop and George looked up out of the window. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, haha! Have a great weekend!

HappyChyck said...

This GenX chyck has felt her age a bit, too. When the radio stations dedicate weekends blasting to the past---An All 80's Weekend!--that hits home.

Or--during spirit week when the student council decides that an 80's Day would be fun, and the kids all come to school dressed like you did when you were an ultra cool teenager. Only...they're laughing at how ridiculous they look! It hurts...

Dawn said...

Great post! I love the Beatles!! I am going to try to think of a caption for the cute kitty! Have a great weekend!

Veggie Mom said...

Ah, the Beatles! Paul was my favorite when I was a kid, the George for a really long time because he was friends with Eric Clapton. I love them all equally now, and decorate my classroom with old Beatles posters.

Deanna said...

Just told my parents the other day that I knew that I officially reached "old" when I saw a car driving down the road that had an antique license plate and it was one that my parents had when I was a child.

Lynda said...

I'm a Beatles gal, too. John was my fav (sans Yoko). I read not too long ago that a whole generation has been born whose DNA is now altered to actually recognize Beatles songs because of the strong influence of the parents. So, our kids may just have some Beatles in their genes.

Urban School Teacher said...

The Beatles non-stop on the radio sounds like a dream come true. Even as a spring chicken at 29, I am a massive fan. John, Paul, George and Ringo are, in my humble opinion, second only to my beloved Rolling Stones.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin