Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Now Showing: The Scribe, in as Few Words as Possible!

We visited Our Humble High School yesterday. Yup, One Full Week in advance, just to scope things out. It was supposed to be a "drive by" kinda visit--ended up staying almost 4 hours! Guess Your Humble Scribe is much more dedicated than we all thought!

OK, ya'll, we know. We're always accused of "burying the lede." That's newspaper-speak for beating around the bush, failing to get to the point right away, avoiding direct confrontation. The long and the short of it is that we're putting off any serious blog pontification for a couple more days. It's still summer! Who wants to hear what The Scholastic Scribe sez about anything of substance?

For goodness sake, We. Don't. Go. Back. On. Contract 'til next Monday! So, as they say, while the cat's away, this mouse is gonna play!

And what does this mean in Our Bloggy Kingdom? That it's *meme* time, y'all! We've got a few to choose from, but a couple seem too serious to tackle. Just Yet, anywho. So we're going with the *meme* that makes--in our case, anyway--the least amount of sense. The One Word *Meme*. "hahahahahaha!" as Ella Numera Una would tap-tappity-tap on IM. We think Veggie Mom was feeling a little green with envy (Get it? We're sooooooo droll!) when she bestowed this upon us. Knowing our penchant for pontification and all. So, let's get to it. BTW, we've tagged some of You Bloggy Friends--so come on, y'all, and let's play us some *meme*!

The simple rule of thumb here, folks, is that we have to answer each question with one word, and one word only. It's a heckuva lot harder than it looks, but we'll give it the Old College Try. And remember, y'all--make sure to Link Up with Them That Brung Ya. Here goes nothin!

1. Where is your cell phone? Kitchen
2. Where is your significant other? Golfing
3. Your hair color? Blondishgreyish
4. Your mother? Hoosier
5. Your father? Tejano
6. Your favorite thing? Beach
7. Your dream last night? None
8. Your dream/goal? Beachiness
9. The room you’re in? Basement
10. Your hobby? *meme*-ing?
11. Your fear? Rodents
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Beachside
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you’re not? Stoopid
15. One of your wish-list items? Health
16. Where you grew up? Tejas!
17. The last thing you did? Vet
18. What are you wearing? Adidas
19. Your TV? Plasma
20. Your pet? Kitties
21. Your computer? Dell
22. Your mood? Relaxed
23. Missing someone? Parents
24. Your car? Stick
25. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
26. Favorite store? Nordy's
27. Your summer? Incredible!
28. Love someone? Familia
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. When is the last time you laughed? Now
31. Last time you cried? Friday
32. Who do you want to tag?

That's it, everyone! Make sure to do your homework--This Teacher's Checking!! Oh, and a quick PS: Anyone who can figure out why Numbers 18 & 25 don't contradict each other doesn't win a prize, but will be awarded our Undying Respect & Admiration!


Amy said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I will get to it, I promise :)

Sean Hogan said...

I actually came back to Tech Sunday night for a job interview on Monday that I ended up canceling (I got offered a better job). So I basically spent yesterday and today doing nothing and will move in to my dorm tomorrow.

And yes, I do plan on keeping the blog going. So that will be easy to keep in touch with!

Dawn said...

Your answers are cute! I got tagged for the meme too and thought it was fun!!

HappyChyck said...

Okay...I bit. I was going to write a little essay about what I did over my summer vacation before I go back to work tomorrow, but you saved my readers--for now!

Edna Lee said...

Numbers 18 and 25 might not contradict each other b/c Adidas makes more than shoes. Maybe you're wearing your Adidas watch with matching ponytail scrunchie?

Thanks for the tag on the meme. I'll get to it asap (or as my good friend likes to say) a-sap-a-lappa!

Clix said...

I have an addidas sweatshirt.

Susie Harris said...

Oh my goodness... this is my second tag for the day. Guess I better get off my patootie. I just got back home from open house at my two oldest ones... High school is so different now, smile!

Tara R. said...

so... you like the beach? Fun answers... Veggie tagged me too. I'm posting it tomorrow.

gina said...

I thought you could use a second award this week plus I really enjoy reading your blog. See my site if you would like to collect it!

Veggie Mom said...

You're not as verbose as you thought, huh?:)

Tracy P. said...

Oh seriously--one word??? You did great! I'm with the adidas shorts or shirt.

Thanks for coming to the state fair with me today--all kinds of fun!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin