Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm a Winner!

Tara R., over at If Mom Says OK, bestowed this Bloggy Award on Your Humble Scribe yesterday! The Share the Magic Award originated with RHD Mom. After only 5 months in the Blogosphere, we're feeling Pretty. Durn. Accomplished, y'all!

RHD Mom explains the origins of the award:

"It is lovingly called the 'Share the Magic Award.' It is for sharing your magic in the world of blogging," RHDM says. "I have met some incredible people since I have started blogging. I think of you as my friends and liken you to a pen pal. I have met bloggers from all over the world, from as far away as Australia to as close as a nearby city. Although I have not met any of you IRL, I feel like I know you. We share our lives, our hopes, our dreams, and our most embarrassing moments. I don’t know how I stumbled upon my first blog, or why I got the notion to start one of my own. I have unleashed a passion for writing that I never knew I had. Because of the encouragement you give me with your comments, I am nurturing this passion, and loving every minute of it. That is the Magic of Blogging…..and for that reason I am bestowing this award to my wonderful friends in the blogging world."

Thank you, Tara R.! We have to share a little ol' secret here. The Scribe considers Tara R. her Best Bloggy Buddy. We stumbled upon If Mom Says OK when we were still in our Nascent Blogging Mode, and have enjoyed reading her Cyber Insights ever since! Here is something Your Humble Scribe said upon collecting this Super Recognition:

"I have to say, Tara, that even on bad days I try to make the effort to visit you in cyberspace. You are a comfort & a joy to blog with. I find humor in your cryptic observations, and sustenance in your wise pronouncements. One of my daughters, who reads you thru my blog, asked how I *met* you. It’s the durnedest thing–you know Blogger’s feature that allows you to click Next Blog at the top of the page to see what else is out there? When I was about 3 days into this Blogging Janx, I clicked Next Blog, and you popped up! I don’t even know how that happened, since I’m a Blogger Blog and you’re a Word Press Blog, but I’m SO glad it did. I’ve been a mega-fan ever since!"

Tara R., of course, received the Share the Magic Award from Mozi Esmé before passing it along our way. Congrats to Tara, and a Great Big Thanks, Esmé!

So, the long & the short of it is this: Muchisimas Gracias, Tara R. I'm super-glad I *net-met* you, too!

12 comments:

Tara R. said...

Wow... thanks for the great shout out! Have to say I make my way over here nearly everyday too. Having a son with school-related issues, it's important for me to get the teacher point of view. I think it makes me a better involved parent and more understanding of the 'other side.' Besides you are too much fun!

HappyChyck said...

You go girl!

Veggie Mom said...

Congrats, Melissa B.! Count me in with tara and happy--you're one Awesome Bloggy Friend!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love the 'look' of yours, very neat :)

Susie Harris said...

Thanks for stopping by! Nice to meet you~

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by! Congratulations on the award! I'll be back!

oº˚ Anissa ˚ºo said...

Thanks for stopping by today. Love the picture of the cat. Hope to hear from you again.

Urban School Teacher said...

Congrats!

wolfqueen2 said...

Found you through Candid Carrie and just had to take a peek. I will be back .

Veggie Mom said...

BTW, I *tagged* you in a *meme* today! For one who has so much to say, this will be interesting! :)

Gina said...

Way to go!

Betty said...

That is a very pretty award. Congrats. I also have met so many good friends blogging. It's just such a great way to connect with others.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin