- A really nifty canvas Beach Bag (see snap above), emblazoned tastefully with the emblem "Asbury Park." If you win this cute, commodious tote, you'll be the Absolute Envy of every summer gathering you attend! The Scribe & Ella Numera Dos were so impressed with the cuteness & craftsmanship of this bag, we picked one up for us, too!
- A black bumper sticker with white lettering, proclaiming "LONDON. PARIS. ASBURY PARK." Nuff said.
- An authentic, purchased-in-Asbury Park Postcard, the design of which was filched from homeboy Bruce Springsteen's 1973 LP, "Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J."
And here, Scribe Fans, is all ya gotta do to be in contention for any of the Above Swag during this week's contest.
- Please comment on this post. Tell us anything you want, and we'll give you one entry in the contest.
- The Scribe & Co. will ask two Jersey-type questions each day this week. You get another entry for each answer you attempt; in the Jersey Spirit of Things, your answers Do. Not. Have. To. Be. Correct! We'll just be happy you're giving it The Old College Try!
- Please tune in Thursday (that's August 7th) for Your Humble Scribe's review of Asbury Park in Take Another Look Thursday. Comment on our Thursday review, and we'll give you 5 More Entries; count 'em!
- Your winners--and there will be 3, selected by Random Drawing--will be announced in Friday's post. You'll have to be patient with us here, friends; we're heading out on VAY-cay that day, so we'll probably have an Afternoon Announcement for you.
So there you go--just our little way of honoring Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Van Zandt & all of those who've come before & after them, in making Asbury Park, NJ, the vacation destination for those who bleed Rock 'N' Roll. For sure.
And now--drumroll, please!--Your 2 Jersey-type questions for today. Comment here and try to answer both questions, and You'll. Get. 3. Contest. Entries!
- Name the turnpike that bisects The Garden State. Hint: If one hails from Jersey, others might ask, "What Exit?"
- Name Asbury Park's Native Rock 'N' Roll Son; Hint: He's really from nearby Freehold, but he claims AP as home. Also, we've mentioned his name at least twice in this post!