Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Your Cheatin' Heart: Part Dos

Well, Dear Readers, your Esteemed Scribe feels your pain. What to do with the Sophomore Chicklet who cheated on the Algebra test? Half of you said "Bust Her Britches," while half were in favor of giving the gal a second chance. Hmmmmm...Must say that our Intervention was just about all that was needed to cure this chica of those Cheatin' Blues.

Word leaked out mighty quick that The Teacher had the cheat sheet. The child has been tippy toe-ing 'round the classroom ever since. Didn't say a word to her. Let's just say she does not feel our approbation, and probably won't for some time!

This Coke Bottle Janx is a new one, even for Your Seasoned Scribe. Check it out. And, Beware--This Coke might NOT be for you!

6 comments:

NYC Educator said...

Wow. Times are tougher than I thought.

Cheryl van Tilburg said...

If students spent half as much time studying as they did creating this scam (and accompanying instructional video)....

Not that I condone it, but this is a pretty impressive approach to cheating.

Cheryl vT in Singapore

The Vegas Art Guy said...

I've been lucky this year with cheating. No student has been foolish enough to cheat on me. Of course I make a huge deal out of what happens and I watch the kids the whole time, BUT I also prepare them and make sure that they get assessed on what they were actually taught. They know that my tests are fair and that if they pay attention they will do just fine.

But I was hoping to catch one kid so I could stop the test and make the kids watch the cheater throw his test in the garbage and then watch as I enter a zero into the grade book and then give him detention for his lack of ethics...

Oh, and you're getting added to my blog roll...

Melissa B. said...

I've had all kinds of cheaters over the years, including the senior girls in AP English who copied off each other during every test. Each was dumber than the other (the irony, I supposed of AP "open enrollment"), and I never stopped them because they were all making D's and F's anyway, and couldn't figure out why.

I learned about a new way to cheat today. Boys attach miniscule cheat sheets to the inside of their flys. When they're fiddling around down there the (usually) female teacher is too embarrassed to confront them, because "boys will be boys"--in other words, the teacher never even suspects that there's cheating going on!

The sophomore girl whom I caught a couple of weeks ago is pretty contrite. Hope she thinks twice next time!

mybellringers said...

I'm just now getting caught up on reading blogs and this was truly amazing. I must say it rendered me rather speechless. I don't think I'll ever look at a soda bottle quite the same again. Jeez.

Melissa B. said...

MyBell: Thinking about banning sodas from my room. Not only can they be used for cheating purposes, but they leave sticky rings on the desk, too! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin